Instructions for Students at Bus Stops
(For left side pick up or discharge)
For student pick up.
1. Students are to be at the bus stop 5 to 10 minutes before the Bus arrives.
2. Students are to wait in their designed place of safety until the bus arrives. (Bus driver will explain where the student is to wait.)
3. After the bus has made a complete stop (Red lights flashing, driver sets parking brake and holds up hand to signal student to wait.)
4. Student waits in designated place of safety until driver lowers their hand to be the signal to cross.
5. Students checks for traffic also before crossing 10 feet in front of bus. (If driver blows horn, student is to check traffic, avoid traffic if necessary, then looks to driver for direction.)
6. Student is to then board the bus and find a seat quickly.
For student drop off.
1. After bus makes a complete stop (Red lights flashing, driver sets parking brake.)
2. Student is to then get up, walk to front of bus, exit bus, and walk out 10 feet in front of bus to wait for driver's signal to cross.
3. Driver will lower their hand when it is safe to cross.
4. Student will then walk to center of road and check traffic before crossing the other part of the road (If the driver blows the horn, the student is to check traffic, avoid traffic if necessary, then look to driver for directions) and go to their place of safety. (Driver will designate the place of safety.)
5. Student then waits in their place of safety until bus leaves the area.
6. Student then continues to their home.