Calamity Remote Make-up Schedule
These days are to avoid adding school days onto the end of the school year. We are attempting to do this to improve the quality of teaching and learning occurring on these “make-up” days versus days that are added on to the end of the school year. The success of these days will be reviewed to determine the level of student engagement in order to determine if the remote calamity make-up days will continue in order to avoid make-up days at the end of the school year. The goal is for students to maintain their learning and not digress. Thank you for your help with keeping your student engaged in their learning process.
Your student should follow this schedule:
1 st Period 9:30 – 10:05 (35)
2 nd Period 10:10 – 10:45 (35)
3 rd Period 10:50 – 11:25 (35)
4 th Period 11:30 – 12:05 (35)
Lunch 12:10 – 12:40 (30)
5 th Period 12:45 – 1:20 (35)
6 th Period 1:25 – 2:00 (35)
7 th Period 2:05 – 2:40 (35)
- Students should log into their Google Classrooms to see the assignments for the day.
- A blend of Asynchronous (independent work) and Synchronous (presented by the teacher) lessons will be utilized.
- Synchronous lessons will be recorded and posted to Google Classroom in case the student needs to access the lesson at a later time.
- Students without internet capability will be provided materials in advance in a Calamity Day folder.
- Students will be held accountable for attending remotely at their assigned time and submitting the assigned work in a timely manner. There will need to be cooperation from the student and parents with participating in the learning process. Teachers will also need to accept the limitations of some families’ access to the internet and other technology complications.
- Students need to dress and behave appropriately when participating in Zoom or Google Meet with teachers and other students.
- School rules and policies apply when utilizing online instruction.